Ohio County Development Authority and WTOV Cutest Baby Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WTOV viewing area, and be an existing user of Facebook if entering via Facebook. Pictures of children submitted by their parent must be between the ages of 0 and 12 months.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WTOV (the “Station”), Ohio County Development Authority, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per child.
(b) To enter, either log onto the Station’s Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/WTOV9, and click “Like” to access the Cutest Baby Contest online entry form, OR, log onto http://wtov9.upickem.net/engine/Welcome.aspx?contestid=116252. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, upload a CURRENT picture of YOUR child between the ages of 0-12 months, and submit. Picture must be in jpeg format and no more than 20mb in size. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that the picture is of his/her child, (ii) that they own the picture submitted, (iii) the picture does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iv) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://wtov9.upickem.net/engine/Rules.aspx?contestid=116252. No lewd, nude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
(d) The contest starts on March 10, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EDT, and ends on April 6, 2014. All entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 6, 2014 to qualify for the online voting period. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(e) Between April 7, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. EDT and April 13, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, viewers will be asked to vote online at http://wtov9.upickem.net/engine/Votes.aspx?contestid=116252 for his/her favorite picture. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “likes” are not considered votes. On April 14, 2014, the Station will determine one (1) grand prize winner based on the picture entry with the most valid votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
(f) All entries (including pictures) received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive $100 Visa Gift Card. The prize is valued at $100.00.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within seven (7) days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 9 Red Donley Plaza, Box 9999, Steubenville, OH 43952, and on the Station’s website at www.wtov9.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 9 Red Donley Plaza, Box 9999, Steubenville, OH 43952 by April 30, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, Ohio County Development Authority, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.