National Gold & Silver Refinery’s Great Summer Gas Give Away II
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the National Gold & Silver Refinery’s Great Summer Gas Give Away II (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the states of Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania who are 18 years or older and are physically located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Employees of WTOV, Inc. d/b/a WTOV-TV and National Gold and Silver Refinery, LLC (“Sponsors”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin 12:01 a.m. (E.S.T.) on June 18th 2012, and end 11:59 p.m. (E.S.T.) on July 26th, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Internet Entry: Enter by visiting the National Gold & Silver Refinery’s Great Summer Gas Give Away II official registration page on the WTOV9 website at http://www.wtov9.com/s/contests/, completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button.
Mail Entry: To enter by mail, print your name, address, phone number, email address, and birth date on a postcard, 3” x 5” card, or piece of paper and mail it to: WTOV9, Attn: Contests, 9 Red Donley Plaza, Box 9999, Steubenville, OH 43952. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by July 26th, 2012 and received no later than July 28th, 2012. No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope.
Maximum one (1) entry per person.
Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsors. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All entries become property of Sponsors and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection First Prize Drawings. For thirty one (31) consecutive days beginning on July 1st 2012, Sponsors will select two (2) potential First Prize Winners each day in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Entries for First Prizes carry over from day to day. Each day beginning July 1st 2012, two winners will be announced in a :15 second commercial. The first winner will be announced sometime during the 6pm news and the second winner will be announced sometime during the 11:00pm news. During the broadcasting of the Summer Olympics (July 27 – July 31), the 11:00pm news will instead be broadcasted at 12am (midnight), and the second winner of each day will be announced during the 12am news.
5. Prizes and Odds Sixty two (62) First Prize Winners will each receive a $100 Sheetz gift card (ARV $100). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Potential winners will be notified at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsors’ notification within two (2) business days of notice or attempted notice.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit WTOV’s offices at 9 Red Donley Plaza, Steubenville, OH 43952 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (E.T.) and 4:30 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within two (2) business days of notification.
Sponsors’ inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsors) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsors, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsors’ sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Sponsors will conduct up to two (2) alternate drawings for each prize, after which the prize in question will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSORS HAVE COMPLETED THEIRVERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsors for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsors. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: National Gold & Silver Refinery’s Great Summer Gas Give Away II, “Winners List Request” or “Official Rules Request” (as applicable), WTOV9, 9 Red Donley Plaza, Box 9999, Steubenville, OH 43952.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsors and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsors. The National Gold & Silver Refinery’s Great Summer Gas Give Away II is sponsored by WTOV Inc. d/b/a WTOV-TV and National Gold and Silver Refinery, LLC. The decisions of Sponsors and Sweepstakes judges regarding the selection of winners, the interpretation of these Official Rules and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Jessica Carmichael at 9 Red Donley Plaza, Box 9999, Steubenville, OH 43952.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
WTOV-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
WTOV-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office.
Employees of WTOV-TV, its respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
Entrants further grant to WTOV-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
WTOV-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, and/or WTOV-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
UPICKEM and WTOV-TV are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
WTOV-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by WTOV-TV.